Re: API Questions

From: newsreader (mfleyda_at_No_Spam.e-one.com)
Date: 08/05/04

Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 13:01:15 -0400

Two locations that have helped me

This is the whole API list with C/C++ documentation (You have to convert
some of it to VB, but it will tell you any references that are required)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winprog/win
prog/windows_api_start_page.asp?frame=true

Also a free add-in that will replace the default API viewer in VB
http://www.activevb.de/rubriken/apiviewer/index-apiviewereng.html

newsreader

"Adam Clark" <adam.clark@lhpsoftware.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me what this does? Where do I go to find out more about
API
> Funcitons
>
> Thanks
>
> Adam
>
> Type STARTUPINFO
> cb As Long
> lpReserved As String
> lpDesktop As String
> lpTitle As String
> dwX As Long
> dwY As Long
> dwXSize As Long
> dwYSize As Long
> dwXCountChars As Long
> dwYCountChars As Long
> dwFillAttribute As Long
> dwFlags As Long
> wShowWindow As Integer
> cbReserved2 As Integer
> lpReserved2 As Long
> hStdInput As Long
> hStdOutput As Long
> hStdError As Long
> End Type
> Type PROCESS_INFORMATION
> hProcess As Long
> hThread As Long
> dwProcessId As Long
> dwThreadId As Long
> End Type
>
> Declare Function CreateProcess Lib "Kernel32" Alias "CreateProcessA"
(ByVal
> lpApplicationName As String, ByVal lpCommandLine As String, ByVal
> lpProcessAttributes As Long, ByVal lpThreadAttributes As Long, ByVal
> bInheritHandles As Long, ByVal dwCreationFlags As Long, lpEnvironment As
> Any, ByVal lpCurrentDriectory As String, lpStartupInfo As STARTUPINFO,
> lpProcessInformation As PROCESS_INFORMATION) As Long
> Declare Function WaitForSingleObject Lib "Kernel32" (ByVal hHandle As
Long,
> ByVal dwMilliseconds As Long) As Long
> Declare Function CloseHandle Lib "Kernel32" (ByVal hObject As Long) As
Long

Relevant Pages

  • Re: API Questions
    ... To get info on functions like these, type the name of the function and API ... > Type STARTUPINFO ... > lpApplicationName As String, ByVal lpCommandLine As String, ByVal ... > lpProcessAttributes As Long, ByVal lpThreadAttributes As Long, ByVal ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.syntax)
  • Re: John Resig has a new idea
    ... empty styleSheets collection, ... documentation, the behavior is unexpected. ... the property name is an "integer index", ... This index would be provided as a string for property access. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: Anyone heard of Bee Lisp?
    ... so I took a quick look at the documentation. ... CAR/CDR/CONS - seems to work on lists instead of cons cells. ... QUOTE - Prevents evaluation of the parameter. ... STRREAD - reads a string from the console ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: another docs problem - imp
    ... > The first sentence says that the _path_ argument is a search path. ... Correct it does not say it's a string. ... > technical documentation a bit more carefully. ... Yes, read it a second time, didn't see the alternate interpretation. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Reading a line of text from a stream
    ... * Reads a line of text from a stream and returns the string on * ... If maxRead is NULL then SIZE_MAX-1 is * considered ... You've accidentally left out documentation that if maxRead is not NULL, ... It is not possible to distinguish between I/O failures and allocation ...
    (comp.lang.c)