Re: SaveSetting and Unicode

"Eduardo" <mm@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:gg3gss$8np$1@xxxxxxxxxxx

Did you test the exact same code in XP?

Wrote it in Vista, then deployed to Win 98. Ran it on both. No IDE on the 98 box : basically clean OS with VB6 runtimes added.

> I ask because using StrConv (x,
[vbUnicode/vbFromUnicode]) with a String variable i got 63 also in XP. 63 is the question mark.
It seems to me that vbFromUnicode discards the second byte only when the second byte is zero, otherwise it returns the question mark to the fist byte.

Uhm, well testing the range of Integer, I wrote the value to the registry and read it back. ChrW(0) causes an exception on win98; not sure if it was the read or the write (probalby the write as that comes first <g>). Of the rest of the range, the following is the results where the output was not 3F. All values are Hex.

Input, Output (all values are Hex)
1, 1
2, 2
3, 3
4, 4
5, 5
6, 6
7, 7
8, 8
9, 9
A, A
B, B
C, C
D, D
E, E
F, F
10, 10
11, 11
12, 12
13, 13
14, 14
15, 15
16, 16
17, 17
18, 18
19, 19
1A, 1A
1B, 1B
1C, 1C
1D, 1D
1E, 1E
1F, 1F
20, 20
21, 21
22, 22
23, 23
24, 24
25, 25
26, 26
27, 27
28, 28
29, 29
2A, 2A
2B, 2B
2C, 2C
2D, 2D
2E, 2E
2F, 2F
30, 30
31, 31
32, 32
33, 33
34, 34
35, 35
36, 36
37, 37
38, 38
39, 39
3A, 3A
3B, 3B
3C, 3C
3D, 3D
3E, 3E
40, 40
41, 41
42, 42
43, 43
44, 44
45, 45
46, 46
47, 47
48, 48
49, 49
4A, 4A
4B, 4B
4C, 4C
4D, 4D
4E, 4E
4F, 4F
50, 50
51, 51
52, 52
53, 53
54, 54
55, 55
56, 56
57, 57
58, 58
59, 59
5A, 5A
5B, 5B
5C, 5C
5D, 5D
5E, 5E
5F, 5F
60, 60
61, 61
62, 62
63, 63
64, 64
65, 65
66, 66
67, 67
68, 68
69, 69
6A, 6A
6B, 6B
6C, 6C
6D, 6D
6E, 6E
6F, 6F
70, 70
71, 71
72, 72
73, 73
74, 74
75, 75
76, 76
77, 77
78, 78
79, 79
7A, 7A
7B, 7B
7C, 7C
7D, 7D
7E, 7E
7F, 7F
81, 81
8D, 8D
8F, 8F
90, 90
9D, 9D
A0, A0
A1, A1
A2, A2
A3, A3
A4, A4
A5, A5
A6, A6
A7, A7
A8, A8
A9, A9
AA, AA
AB, AB
AC, AC
AD, AD
AE, AE
AF, AF
B0, B0
B1, B1
B2, B2
B3, B3
B4, B4
B5, B5
B6, B6
B7, B7
B8, B8
B9, B9
BA, BA
BB, BB
BC, BC
BD, BD
BE, BE
BF, BF
C0, C0
C1, C1
C2, C2
C3, C3
C4, C4
C5, C5
C6, C6
C7, C7
C8, C8
C9, C9
CA, CA
CB, CB
CC, CC
CD, CD
CE, CE
CF, CF
D0, D0
D1, D1
D2, D2
D3, D3
D4, D4
D5, D5
D6, D6
D7, D7
D8, D8
D9, D9
DA, DA
DB, DB
DC, DC
DD, DD
DE, DE
DF, DF
E0, E0
E1, E1
E2, E2
E3, E3
E4, E4
E5, E5
E6, E6
E7, E7
E8, E8
E9, E9
EA, EA
EB, EB
EC, EC
ED, ED
EE, EE
EF, EF
F0, F0
F1, F1
F2, F2
F3, F3
F4, F4
F5, F5
F6, F6
F7, F7
F8, F8
F9, F9
FA, FA
FB, FB
FC, FC
FD, FD
FE, FE
FF, FF
100, 41
101, 61
102, 41
103, 61
104, 41
105, 61
106, 43
107, 63
108, 43
109, 63
10A, 43
10B, 63
10C, 43
10D, 63
10E, 44
10F, 64
110, D0
111, 64
112, 45
113, 65
114, 45
115, 65
116, 45
117, 65
118, 45
119, 65
11A, 45
11B, 65
11C, 47
11D, 67
11E, 47
11F, 67
120, 47
121, 67
122, 47
123, 67
124, 48
125, 68
126, 48
127, 68
128, 49
129, 69
12A, 49
12B, 69
12C, 49
12D, 69
12E, 49
12F, 69
130, 49
131, 69
134, 4A
135, 6A
136, 4B
137, 6B
139, 4C
13A, 6C
13B, 4C
13C, 6C
13D, 4C
13E, 6C
141, 4C
142, 6C
143, 4E
144, 6E
145, 4E
146, 6E
147, 4E
148, 6E
14C, 4F
14D, 6F
14E, 4F
14F, 6F
150, 4F
151, 6F
152, 152
153, 153
154, 52
155, 72
156, 52
157, 72
158, 52
159, 72
15A, 53
15B, 73
15C, 53
15D, 73
15E, 53
15F, 73
160, 160
161, 161
162, 54
163, 74
164, 54
165, 74
166, 54
167, 74
168, 55
169, 75
16A, 55
16B, 75
16C, 55
16D, 75
16E, 55
16F, 75
170, 55
171, 75
172, 55
173, 75
174, 57
175, 77
176, 59
177, 79
178, 178
179, 5A
17A, 7A
17B, 5A
17C, 7A
17D, 17D
17E, 17E
180, 62
189, D0
191, 192
192, 192
197, 49
19A, 6C
19F, 4F
1A0, 4F
1A1, 6F
1AB, 74
1AE, 54
1AF, 55
1B0, 75
1B6, 7A
1C0, 7C
1C3, 21
1CD, 41
1CE, 61
1CF, 49
1D0, 69
1D1, 4F
1D2, 6F
1D3, 55
1D4, 75
1D5, 55
1D6, 75
1D7, 55
1D8, 75
1D9, 55
1DA, 75
1DB, 55
1DC, 75
1DE, 41
1DF, 61
1E4, 47
1E5, 67
1E6, 47
1E7, 67
1E8, 4B
1E9, 6B
1EA, 4F
1EB, 6F
1EC, 4F
1ED, 6F
1F0, 6A
261, 67
2B9, 27
2BA, 22
2BC, 27
2C4, 5E
2C6, 2C6
2C8, 27
2C9, AF
2CA, B4
2CB, 60
2CD, 5F
2DA, B0
2DC, 2DC
300, 60
301, B4
302, 5E
303, 7E
304, AF
305, AF
308, A8
30A, B0
30E, 22
327, B8
331, 5F
332, 5F
37E, 3B
393, 47
398, 54
3A3, 53
3A6, 46
3A9, 4F
3B1, 61
3B2, DF
3B4, 64
3B5, 65
3BC, B5
3C0, 70
3C3, 73
3C4, 74
3C6, 66
4BB, 68
589, 3A
66A, 25
2000, 20
2001, 20
2002, 20
2003, 20
2004, 20
2005, 20
2006, 20
2010, 2D
2011, 2D
2013, 2013
2014, 2014
2017, 3D
2018, 2018
2019, 2019
201A, 201A
201C, 201C
201D, 201D
201E, 201E
2020, 2020
2021, 2021
2022, 2022
2024, B7
2026, 2026
2030, 2030
2032, 27
2035, 60
2039, 2039
203A, 203A
2044, 2F
2070, B0
2074, 34
2075, 35
2076, 36
2077, 37
2078, 38
207F, 6E
2080, 30
2081, 31
2082, 32
2083, 33
2084, 34
2085, 35
2086, 36
2087, 37
2088, 38
2089, 39
20A1, A2
20A4, A3
20A7, 50
20AC, 20AC
2102, 43
2107, 45
210A, 67
210B, 48
210C, 48
210D, 48
210E, 68
2110, 49
2111, 49
2112, 4C
2113, 6C
2115, 4E
2118, 50
2119, 50
211A, 51
211B, 52
211C, 52
211D, 52
2122, 2122
2124, 5A
2128, 5A
212A, 4B
212B, C5
212C, 42
212D, 43
212E, 65
212F, 65
2130, 45
2131, 46
2133, 4D
2134, 6F
2205, D8
2212, 2D
2213, B1
2215, 2F
2216, 5C
2217, 2A
2218, B0
2219, B7
221A, 76
221E, 38
2223, 7C
2229, 6E
2236, 3A
223C, 7E
2248, 2DC
2261, 3D
2264, 3D
2265, 3D
226A, AB
226B, BB
22C5, B7
2302, A6
2303, 5E
2310, AC
2320, 28
2321, 29
2329, 3C
232A, 3E
2500, 2D
2502, A6
250C, 2B
2510, 2B
2514, 2B
2518, 2B
251C, 2B
2524, A6
252C, 2D
2534, 2D
253C, 2B
2550, 2D
2551, A6
2552, 2B
2553, 2B
2554, 2B
2555, 2B
2556, 2B
2557, 2B
2558, 2B
2559, 2B
255A, 2B
255B, 2B
255C, 2B
255D, 2B
255E, A6
255F, A6
2560, A6
2561, A6
2562, A6
2563, A6
2564, 2D
2565, 2D
2566, 2D
2567, 2D
2568, 2D
2569, 2D
256A, 2B
256B, 2B
256C, 2B
2580, AF
2584, 5F
2588, A6
258C, A6
2590, A6
2591, A6
2592, A6
2593, A6
25A0, A6
263C, A4
2758, 7C
3000, 20
3008, 3C
3009, 3E
300A, AB
300B, BB
301A, 5B
301B, 5D
30FB, B7

  • Re: Hold jpg as a Java-variable
    ... Hex 3F is? ... (question mark). ... What is your default encoding ... Jony ...
    (comp.lang.java.gui)
  • Re: I did Google
    ... that it doesn't understand by putting the question mark in instead, ... but it gets that coding wrong and we see the hex number. ... simple punctuation symbols into fancier symbols, like curly quotes and ... alternative that I feel handles most posts. ...
    (uk.education.staffroom)