Re: Three unrelated questions

"Doug Sanders" <DougSix@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:13m95rhmsbtug66@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1. When using Nero to burn CD & DVD's there is an option to raise or
lower
the program's priority. How is this done in Windows 2K and XP? Will
Vista
be the same?

SetThreadPriority(). Dunno about Vista.

2. I can get the user logon date/time, but where is the date /time for
computer up time?

Read the help for the GetTickCount() API function and check out the note
about using performance monitoring.

3. I have a program that does some automated work after a system is
started,
but I want to delay it from starting several minutes after the system is
started, and not at all if the system id logged on.

Maybe call EnumDesktops() from your service to see if any exist?

  • Re: Three unrelated questions
    ... the program's priority. ... How is this done in Windows 2K and XP? ... SetThreadPriority(). ... Dunno about Vista. ...
  • Re: Apple follows Microsoft
    ... You didn't know that at least as far as XP (dunno ... about Vista and 7), Windows is 8-dot-3 at its heart. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Apple follows Microsoft
    ... You didn't know that at least as far as XP (dunno about Vista and 7), Windows is 8-dot-3 at its heart. ... You have been able to disable 8.3 file name generation for ages, way before Windows XP. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • What Does It Take to Get a PC With XP?
    ... I won't waste time rehashing the argument over whether Windows Vista ... that virtually every copy of Vista Business or Vista Ultimate Edition ... machines doesn't mean that its employees understand that policy. ...
    (misc.consumers)
  • APPLE-SA-2012-05-15-1 QuickTime 7.7.2
    ... Windows 7, Vista, XP SP2 or later ... Viewing a maliciously crafted movie file may lead to an ...
    (Bugtraq)