OTsort of but not really, Nvidia issue that affects all apps.
- From: "Steve Easton" <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 19:53:06 -0400
Posting this because I found an issue with NVIDIA
and repeated registry queries that effect any application that has focus.
To the point that it can slow an application.
Applies to Windows 2k and XP and maybe earlier versions.
If you have an NVIDIA video card, check
and see if nwiz.exe is being launched on start up.
If so, launch Registry Monitor ( RegMon ) or Process Monitor from
with a wild card * set as the filter so that it shows everything and see
if the machine is making constant registry queries looking for:
If so, either create a DWORD ValueName DisableWindowCaching and give it a value of 0 ( zero )
or if you're running a single monitor simply delete the nwiz.exe entry from the run key.
I don't see this issue in Vista Ultimate, but then I only have one monitor.
- Prev by Date: Re: VB6 LISTBOX problem
- Next by Date: Re: Calculate Last Digits
- Previous by thread: Vista, IE7 and Webbrowser or Internet Explorer objects.
- Next by thread: Re: OTsort of but not really, Nvidia issue that affects all apps.