Re: need to register richtx32.ocx in Vista

You need to install the ActiveX installer service in Vista and then enable it in services.
It is not automatically installed during initial install. Install it via add windows components.

"WARNING " do not delete the file you copied into the Vista system folder until you make a copy in XP and save it.
The copy you have in Vista is "virtual." Delete it and the one in XP gets deleted.
Learned that the hard way.

Steve Easton

"Richard Eagle" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Obr4op%23kHHA.3484@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yesterday I finally got Vista Home Premium installed on this PC. It's now in
a dual-boot setup with XP Pro. I have a VB6 program that I'm working on and
the stand-alone .exe runs fine in XP. Apparently I have all needed files
registered in XP.

I copied the .exe over to my Vista drive, rebooted into Vista and tried to
run the program. When I did, I got a message saying I needed richtx32.ocx. I
copied it from my XP windows system32 folder to my Vista windows system32.
Then I tried to register it in Vista with 'run' and then:

regsvr32 richtx32.ocx

...just like I would do it in XP. When I did, I got an error message like
this:

=======================================
RegSvr32
=======================================
|X| The module "richtx32.ocx" was loaded but the call to
DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8002801c.

For more information about this problem, search
online using the error code as a search term.
=======================================
| OK |
=======================================

Does anyone know how to register VB controls in Vista?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard

  • Re: clubbing of windows vista and windows server2008 in a single boota
    ... I am not sure if you can go clubbing with Vista or Windows 2008 ... rather than being an 'installer', ... John Pritchard how it all works and got some surprising answers. ... Imaging (.WIM) file, which is basically our operating system folders ...
  • clubbing of windows vista and windows server2008 in a single boota
    ... i want to club the windows vista and windows server 2008 in a single bootable ... Vista DVD? ... can you build a custom Vista install DVD that doesn’t ... John Pritchard how it all works and got some surprising answers. ...
  • Re: Format again
    ... specs to see if it can handle Vista. ... and I want to reformat my hard disk and re-install Windows XP ... and update it with a Vista upgrade which my good lady brought ... Instead of performing a clean install of XP, ...
  • Re: corrupted profiles and much more
    ... I'm running Vista SP 1 x64 on HP/Compaq 8510w ... This is a clean install with only the OS, updates from Windows Update, most ... However all was not related to SP1rc and Norton. ... in Windows Local Security Policies and HP PRotectTools. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: upgrade c: from pata to sata with vista ultimate 64bit upgrade dis
    ... "How to Clean Install Windows Vista with Upgrade Media ... When I began inquiring into various Windows Vista installation options late last year, Microsoft and its representative grew quiet and seemed to begin selectively answering my questions. ...