OT: Vista Can Be Taken Down by an Animated Cursor
- From: "Kevin Provance" <casey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 22:37:17 -0400
Thought you chaps might enjoy this...and the irony it invokes.
Vista Can Be Taken Down by an Animated Cursor
By Scott M. Fulton, III, BetaNews
March 29, 2007, 5:16 PM
In what could be the most embarrassing exploit to impact Windows Vista since
its commercial launch in January, security engineers at McAfee's Avert Labs
confirmed today - and posted the video to prove - that the operating system
can be caused to enter an interminable crash-restart-crash loop, by means of
a buffer overflow triggered by nothing more than a malformed animated cursor
- Prev by Date: Re: Open Excel file
- Next by Date: Re: vb6 -v- Net!
- Previous by thread: PageBreak property in VB
- Next by thread: Re: Vista Can Be Taken Down by an Animated Cursor