Re: VB6 & Win64

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 03:23:01 -0700, John Woodiwiss <John Woodiwiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

¤ Can anyone tell me if an application written in VB6 Pro under either W2000 or
¤ XPPro
¤ will work in the new 64 bit Windows?
¤

It runs under a 32-bit subsystem in 64-bit Windows.

¤ Should I consider moving to VB.net?
¤

Yes.

¤ What is VB2005 express?

It's a free limited, although highly functional, version of Visual Basic 2005.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vb/

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

  • Re: Back to VB6 and .NET
    ... ¤ Does it run on Windows 98SE? ... classics ability) ... The final joke will be when they need help and post to a VB classic group... ...
  • Re: Back to VB6 and .NET
    ... ¤>Good point. ... But I can develop software on an obsolete operating system that runs ... they don't upgrade OS's (at least not as often as ... they only get the latest Windows flavor ...
  • Re: Life of VB6?
    ... Windows or Microsoft issue. ... ¤ No, not really - maybe ten years ago. ... packet-management built in - for RedHat/Suse this is ... optimized for your Distro. ...
  • Re: ODBC Connection failing in Web service
    ... Well it's hard to tell what error is occuring to be honest with you! ... False is always returned when calling this function from a web service, ... Authentication is currently set to "Windows" with anonymous ... > ¤ I have a class library that I am using to connect to an ODBC data ...
  • Re: VB coverage in new online mag - VB6 or VB.NET?
    ... > ¤> folks ... Don't confuse the product with the language. ... My core code is not tied to Windows. ...