Re: interface based callback

"PC" <Onzin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:%23GTwiDq7FHA.1148@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> there is this person thats saying:
> you'l understand object orientation in vb6 if you can code an interface
> based callback
> my question is:
> what is an interface based callback, and how is it coded ?

I would have to guess this person is talking about an ActiveX server raising
events. Look up VB's Event and RaiseEvent statements. Event is used to
define the event (its name and any parameters it might have). RaiseEvent is
used to raise it. Also look up the WithEvents statement.

--
Mike
Microsoft MVP Visual Basic

  • Re: interface based callback
    ... but i have no idea whatever is meant bij 'interface based callback' ... Look up VB's Event and RaiseEvent statements. ...
  • interface based callback
    ... you'l understand object orientation in vb6 if you can code an interface ... what is an interface based callback, ...
  • Re: Problem with imported callback to C#
    ... Usually it happens when callback declaration is using non-standard ... exposes interface, which enables to set a callback, which is called ... DirectShow graph with mentioned face detector filter and calls its ... int BufferCB; ...
  • Re: Function pointers (Callback functions) in Java ?
    ... object to a local var called 'callback'. ... > In the above I don't see the Opps interface. ... The code was a very simple example of creating a named inner class ... Its may be worth knowing that you can create anonymous inner classes ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Callback Interface functions NOT being Called
    ... a callback interface interface ICallbackInterface which implements the ... callback functions of the buttons I create in Ribbon interface. ... The ribbon callbacks use IDispatch, always, so you must return ... You need COM_INTERFACE_ENTRY2(IDispatch, ICallbackInterface) ...
    (microsoft.public.office.developer.com.add_ins)