Re: interface based callback

Thanks for replying
i know how to raise/trap events
i know how to program against an interface
i know what is a callback
but i have no idea whatever is meant bij 'interface based callback'
am i maybe right when i think this person has no idea himself about what he
is talking ?
when i ask him what he means, he just replys with 'think about it'

"MikeD" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> "PC" <Onzin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > there is this person thats saying:
> > you'l understand object orientation in vb6 if you can code an interface
> > based callback
> > my question is:
> > what is an interface based callback, and how is it coded ?
>

> I would have to guess this person is talking about an ActiveX server
raising
> events. Look up VB's Event and RaiseEvent statements. Event is used to
> define the event (its name and any parameters it might have). RaiseEvent
is
> used to raise it. Also look up the WithEvents statement.
>
> --
> Mike
> Microsoft MVP Visual Basic

  • Re: Problem with imported callback to C#
    ... Usually it happens when callback declaration is using non-standard ... exposes interface, which enables to set a callback, which is called ... DirectShow graph with mentioned face detector filter and calls its ... int BufferCB; ...
  • Re: interface based callback
    ... > you'l understand object orientation in vb6 if you can code an interface ... > what is an interface based callback, ... Look up VB's Event and RaiseEvent statements. ...
  • Re: Function pointers (Callback functions) in Java ?
    ... object to a local var called 'callback'. ... > In the above I don't see the Opps interface. ... The code was a very simple example of creating a named inner class ... Its may be worth knowing that you can create anonymous inner classes ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Callback Interface functions NOT being Called
    ... a callback interface interface ICallbackInterface which implements the ... callback functions of the buttons I create in Ribbon interface. ... The ribbon callbacks use IDispatch, always, so you must return ... You need COM_INTERFACE_ENTRY2(IDispatch, ICallbackInterface) ...
    (microsoft.public.office.developer.com.add_ins)
  • Re: Using .NET callback via COM
    ... possible solution is to "redefine" the interface as a managed __interface and ... > I can implement this interface in an unmanaged class and pass this ... The callback occurs successfully. ... > managed class as a member, how do I let my managed class know when the ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.interop)