Re: Problem when executing application from batch file

"Jack" <replyto@newsgroup> wrote in

> I do not understand and maybe someone please can explain to why, after
> executing the first line of the batch file the batch execution stops
> until I close my application.
> What kind of mechanism is that?
> sample of batch file:
> [].exe /5553331234
> [].exe /5556770808
> [].exe /5553451234
>
> That happens only if there is not previous instance running.
> I can see batch execution in CMD window. I can see the first batch
> line being executed and then nothing. I close my app and then second
> line of batch file appears and my app is alive again. I close my app
> and then the third line of batch file will appear.
> If I understand the mechanism of that behaviour maybe I can patch over
> that problem
> Jack

Is that 3 seperate lines in the batch file ?

In the OP, I thought by accept multiple command line params I thought you
meant like: program.exe /param1 /param2 /param3

The batch file acts exactly as it was intended. It runs the first line,
waits until that program ends, then runs the next line.

I would have written the command$ handler to parse the string and look for
multiple params, which is what I thought you did, and you wouldn't have had
this issue.

Regards,

DanS

  • Re: Problem when executing application from batch file
    ... executing the first line of the batch file the batch execution stops until I ... I can see batch execution in CMD window. ... batch file appears and my app is alive again. ... > multi-commands, then the first command will invoke the application and the ...
  • Re: Application starts too soon
    ... expecting a network connection to exist. ... > The application runs froma a batch file. ... Finally the command prompt arrives, ... > think the app tries to run, encounters an error, and exits. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • RE: Multiple Access Databases for Forms
    ... Are you saying that instead of opening the mdb each time, ... instead run the batch file to do the copy then start the app? ... but wouldn't that really slow the app opening from a user ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: A trolling .net we will go...
    ... The application must be called from a batch file. ... Compile a VB.Net app. ... imagination interpret it in a creative contest to see who can creatively ... pure imaginary creations based ...
  • Re: Software Updates
    ... A batch file sounds like a good escape for me. ... where using a peer to peer network. ... Microsoft Access MVP ... I am trying to find a way to update the existing installation of my app ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)