Generate email from user
- From: "Karl E. Peterson" <karl@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 12:46:01 -0700
I have an odd set of requirements that got flummoxed by the maximum URL length
limitation. In short:
* VB5 app with no dependencies other than runtime,
* Create an email, ready to send, using default mail client,
* Stuff the body text with 100K or more of diagnostics info,
* Maintain absolute trust/transparency!
I know I could send the email directly from code, but that's not the goal. The
*user* is the one who must press Send, on an email they have full access to edit, in
order to preserve every shred of trust that only information they're willing to
divulge will be sent.
The old standby, ShellExecute a mailto: link, fails because URLs are limited to 2083
characters (ref: Q208427). Other ideas?
Working Without a .NET?