Re: Changing default save directory?

From: Jeff Johnson [MVP: VB] (i.get_at_enough.spam)
Date: 11/02/04

Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 22:43:44 -0500

"Larry Serflaten" <serflaten@usinternet.com> wrote in message
news:eYh4S$4vEHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...

>> > What does 'pin it to start menu' mean?
>>
>> I take it you're not using XP. It's a feature of that OS and later that
>> you
>> can use to cause an icon (and apparently not just a shortcut, as this
>> thread
>> has shown) to remain on the Start menu permanently. It goes up where your
>> browser and email programs are.
>
> I'm using W2K, IE and OE are in the Programs menu. The Start menu has
> Windows Update, a separator, then the Programs, Documents, Settings,
> Search, Help, and Run items.
>
> To move an item to where WU is, I can paste a shortcut in:
> C:\Documents and Settings\LFS\Start Menu

You can still do that in XP, but it will only be visible when you open the
All Programs (the new name for what you see simply as Programs) menu.

Unless you switch back to using the "classic" Start Menu, of course. At
least Microsoft made that an option.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Shortcuts in Start Menu
    ... > After much experimenting with getting an application icon to appear in the ... > system settings. ... > shortcut file from on directory to the other. ... > I have a VB6 app that now does this using RAPI CeMoveFile. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • Squeeze KDE desktop icons
    ... Opening the system settings dialog, going to advanced and looking at mime types doesn't seem to have settings for them anymore. ... Does anyone know how I can restore the old behavior where a desktop shortcut pointing to an http:// URL had one icon, and a fish:// shortcut had another? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Cant Start Outlook Express
    ... searched within my Documents & Settings only. ... I deleted my shortcut and tried to find it ... >> 6.0.28xxx but I can't find my outlook express icon. ...
  • Re: Changing default save directory?
    ... It's a feature of that OS and later that you ... > can use to cause an icon (and apparently not just a shortcut, ... To move an item to where WU is, I can paste a shortcut in: ... LFS ...
  • Re: How to....
    ... > 2 different settings in the shortcut. ... > Heck you don't even have to change one of the users icons, ... > own and use a known system icon and bundle it with your trojan and let it ...
    (Security-Basics)