VB6 - embedded report load error - class not found

I attempted to load a Visual Basic 6 project with 5 embedded reports and received an error for each, stating that it could not be loaded.

The error log for each report reads as follows:
Line 2: Class {BD4B4E61-F7B8-11D0-964D-00A0C9273C2A} of control BCR_5Yr was not a loaded control class.
Line 0: The file C:\Clients\profac\working\svn_repos\fpm\trunk\BCR_5Yr.Dsr could not be loaded.
(Same message for each, only the name of the .dsr changed.)

The project's .vbp file has a class that is very close, "BD4B4E53-F7B8-11D0-964D-00A0C9273C2A", the difference in the first group, which ends in "E53" rather than "E61" - the numbers are otherwise identical. The class number in the .vbp refers to craxdui.dll, the Crystal Reports 9 library.

Searched the registry for the key "BD4B4E61-F7B8-11D0-964D-00A0C9273C2A" , and found this (broken at the backslash to avoid a wordwrap problem):

Now I seem to have some options:

1. Change this default setting to BD4B4E61-F7B8-11D0-964D-00A0C9273C2A

2. Change the setting in the .vbp file to

3. Change the setting within the .dsr files to

4. Forget all this, uninstall Crystal Reports, then reinstall and patch to latest level.

5. Check the Windows XP restore points and jump back a couple of days.

Suggestions will be welcome.

Regards - Miles Thompson

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Whats the deal with Crystal Reports?
    ... Admittedly, I am not using the latest version of Crystal Reports, but I ... say I have five disparate elements with a shared property ... at Telerik and Active Reports first, and Crystal Reports only if there is ...
  • Re: No Touch Deployment Not Working On Some PCs
    ... I've tried placing all the crystal reports dlls in the same application ... When I installed the app to run locally on the machine that would ... >> BusinessObjects assemblies disappear from the Global Assembly Cache. ...
  • Re: ClickOnce: erforderliche Komponenten manipulieren
    ... denn Crystal Reports für Visual Studio 2010 ... [SAP BusinessObjects - Crystal Reports] ...
  • Err Msg: "Load Report Failed" when running a .NET Windows application
    ... Reports on Terminal Services. ... Our server doesn't have a C drive and we are unable to generate reports ... Please note that the article refers to Crystal Reports 10, ... Just search the registry for ConnectionDirectoryPath where a value is ...
  • Re: Localization Question (Please tell me Im wrong)
    ... ASP.NET ignores the .NET culture settings and instead uses the country ... > We are using the Crystal Reports version that comes with Visual Studio ...