ActiveX in Trusted Sites

I saw some of the other posts but all the fixes were already in place
and I was seeing some users on Vista able to access the view and
others who could not. I added the site to the trusted sites under IE
and restarted IE and it worked like a champ. Most of us are using IE7
and it turns out that ActiveX controls are not implicitly turned on by
default, however IE will use ActiveX on trusted sites implicitly. Hope
this helps.

  • Re: **Urgent** New Edit in Datasheet error occurring on proven WSS
    ... I saw some of the other posts but all the fixes were already in place ... I added the site to the trusted sites under IE ... and it turns out that ActiveX controls are not implicitly turned on by ...
  • Re: activeX controls not allowed for trusted site
    ... verification (https:) for all sites in this zone/ UNCHECKED. ... The reason I say this is that the screen display, ... Web sites to use ActiveX controls installed on your computer..." ... The site is in my Trusted Sites; the Trusted sites icon displays at the ...
  • Re: Downloading clipart: Cookie enabling problem
    ... If you put Microsoft into your trusted sites you should be able to download okay. ... > and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe". ... > Online Web site must be ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)
  • Re: Windows 2000, Installing ActiveX fails
    ... Select Tools> Internet Options ... Under "ActiveX controls and Plugins" Verify the following: ... Click the Trusted Sites Icon ... I was trying to go to Windows Update and install Microsoft Update. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup)
  • Re: Windows 2000, Installing ActiveX fails
    ... Select Tools> Internet Options ... Under "ActiveX controls and Plugins" Verify the following: ... Click the Trusted Sites Icon ... Windows Update Troubleshooter: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup)