Re: Username and Password Prompts

if they are part of the domain you can push a gpo to do the following
internet explorer go to tools\options\security\local intranet\automatic login with same user name and password

Rob Wales wrote:
Config: Win2k3 sp2, WSS 3.0
Installed with host header site.domain.local
created alias in dns to site
IIS permissions are Integrated
NOT ssl

Everytime a user tries to access the site they are prompted for a
username and password. If they enter username and password for domain
credentials they are fine but I would rather not have it prompt at
all.

Thanks.

  • Re: Network Login format
    ... prompt says to enter the domain and username in the username field. ... >> I want to log onto the net at the login prompt. ...
  • RE: how to find username/passowrd controls
    ... I look at the source html usiing by going to the ... internet explorer and using the menu view - source. ... You need to either find the Tag associated with the login or the "id=". ... you give me the webpage URL I will get you the username and login code. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • RE: how to find username/passowrd controls
    ... internet explorer and using the menu view - source. ... under tools - developer tools you can see the tag items. ... You need to either find the Tag associated with the login or the "id=". ... you give me the webpage URL I will get you the username and login code. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Password Change Problem
    ... >can't access any network services (Outlook, ... she gets a login prompt with her SBS2000 ... >username and domain filled in, ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: Multiple access problems after login to domain
    ... receives a prompt to login for access to the server. ... The username you typed is the same as the username ...