Re: Calculated Field using a Lookup Column

When I try this, I get the following error:
One or more column references are not allowed, because the columns are
defined as a data type that is not supported in formulas

"TheGoodOmen" <TheGoodOmen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Dean,

Here is what I am using to concatenate two fields (RC # and RC Title).

=CONCATENATE([RC #]," - ",[RC Title])

The example output looks like "54880 - Engineering".

Hope this helps.

"Dean" wrote:

How can I concatenate data from a Lookup column with data from another
text
column in a new Calculated column?

TIA
Dean

  • RE: Countif/Concatenate
    ... The column references are the four lines where I've defined variables using ... prefixed their names with int (and lng for Long data type for the row ... I know that the line spacing doesn't appear correctly to me! ... I apologize for my late response! ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • RE: Countif/Concatenate
    ... The column references are the four lines where I've defined variables using ... prefixed their names with int (and lng for Long data type for the row ... I know that the line spacing doesn't appear correctly to me! ... I apologize for my late response! ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: convert varchar to decimal
    ... "Dean G" wrote in message ... one from a text field 'bid' and the other ... > from a field in an sql server database 'maxbid'. ... > The problem is the column in the database has decimal as its data type ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general)
  • Small Math Errors when Converting Text to Single
    ... I am getting small math errors when I use a query to convert a column's ... data type from Text to Single. ... I am using a calculated column with the ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
  • Re: Limits on the number of columns in a List
    ... When you get an error like this the first thing I do is search the MSKB, ... > for the Forecast date. ... > When I tried to add the ninth calculated column to calculate the Week ... > There are too many columns of the specified data type. ...