Re: Crawling Non-Portal Data on our file server

From: Andy M (google_at_wildebeast.org)
Date: 08/04/04

Date: 4 Aug 2004 03:09:49 -0700

Ken - I note that in your initial post you specified that it was a
"secure" server, so you need to ensure that the Sharepoint Indexing
service's Default Content Access account has permissions to read the
files you want to index.

That account's permissions will be used to build the index, however
when a user searches against that index the results which they see
will be based on the subset of the total results that the specific
user has permissions for (i.e. the index/search system retains the
ACLs).

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Suexec with Apache 1.3.29
    ... > server running Windows/Apache be achieved? ... There are other tools than suexec under IIS. ... > Looking at it in another way, is it possible to have a secure, network ... The system does have permissions otherwise it would be quite useless. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Securing a server within W2K domain
    ... Just use the NTFS permissions to allow only who you want. ... If the Administrator permissions are removed, ... > I would like to know the best (most secure) way to secure a server ... Our company has a server that confidential ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: write with cURL
    ... execute permissions. ... of potential security risks from other users on the same server. ... I made this suggestion because their web host appears to run Apache ... risk to allow Apache's group write access, since all PHP scripts ran ...
    (alt.php)
  • RE: Windows 2003 Server - Everyone Group
    ... this folder only accessable by the users in the "special" group. ... Configure User and Group Access on an Intranet in Windows Server ... NTFS files system permissions control ... group that you want to set permissions for, click Check Names to verify the ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Fail DBD::Mysql 4.003 installation
    ... This test requires a running server and write permissions. ... permissions, then retry. ... Failed 9/9 tests, 0.00% okay ...
    (perl.dbi.users)