Re: Crawling Non-Portal Data on our file server

From: Andy M (google_at_wildebeast.org)
Date: 08/04/04

Date: 4 Aug 2004 03:09:49 -0700

Ken - I note that in your initial post you specified that it was a
"secure" server, so you need to ensure that the Sharepoint Indexing
service's Default Content Access account has permissions to read the
files you want to index.

That account's permissions will be used to build the index, however
when a user searches against that index the results which they see
will be based on the subset of the total results that the specific
user has permissions for (i.e. the index/search system retains the
ACLs).