Re: Vista Logon Script

There must be a better way. The script works fine when launched
manually after logon. This solution is cumbersome to say the least and
would be a hassle to integrate with XP and 2K machines.

Richard Mueller wrote:
Seems many people report this problem. I found this posted on a Microsoft
Vista help group:
=========
Explanation for what you are seeing and workaround :

By default Group policy service executes scripts in an elevated mode. There
are some scripts like 'Map network drives' that would need to be run in UAP
mode. In order to launch such scripts in a UAP context from an elevated
process, you can leverage the Task scheduler API. Here is a sample script:
Launchapp.wsf

Usage: cscript launchapp.wsf <AppPath>

If the user wants to run a GP logon script Script-UAP.wsf and requires it
to run in UAP context because it is mapping drives for the user then, create
another script Launch-Script-UAP.wsf which will just use the sample script
above to launch Script-UAP.wsf in UAP mode. Deploy this script as GP logon
script.

I'm attaching the LaunchApp sample script too.

This change will also be communicated via KB, Vista GP document or
otherwise.

Let me know if you still have issues.

Thanks,
Prashanth
Vista Remote File Systems.
===========
This sounds like a big problem to me. I've never used wsf files myself. More
research needed, but this is crazy.

--
Richard
Microsoft MVP Scripting and ADSI

  • Re: [kde] Locking down a user and/or do not launch additional copies of one app
    ... widgets, remove taskbar from the panel, and then launches her games. ... FWIW, there's another app, wmiface, with similar but more advanced ... would be to create a wrapper script that when ... it would launch a new instance of the app. ...
    (KDE)
  • [kde] Re: How to set up the screen saver to activate when the mouse is at a corner?
    ... it's not a general kde thing. ... only to launch it, in a special konsole profile with special window rules ... I thought we went thru that with the kmail script you wanted to run at ... startup, ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Processing workload distribution
    ... The Perl we're using is the 64 bit build of 5.8.8 from Activestate. ... I created a script that uses threads to launch a series of standalone ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: [kde] Why do you prefer KDE?
    ... Luckily, kde was available, with its policy of user choice! ... would launch the desired app based on the second key. ... But while trying one of several third party hotkey apps that was supposed ... That script, in turn, displays a list of options along with associated ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: ABCs "Last Resort" pilot is online
    ... Ignoring the targeting method for a "cruise missile" when the launch ... Keys are in double-locked ... The script is executed until it ends. ... I'm not sure how anyone outside of the bridge crew would be aware of the ...
    (rec.arts.tv)