Re: switching mouse buttons in vbscript...

> I often have to switch mouse buttons (I'm bi-handed and use two mice
> but when the others have to use my pc with the left mouse they complain.)
> I thought of a little .vbs script that upon doubleclick reverses the buttons.
> Is there an easy way to do that?

I can't give you a complete answer. There is a way to change the setting with
script, but there are two catches. First, you have to know (or get) the current
user ID. I can hard-wire my ID, but I don't know how to read it from the
registry for more than one user. Second, I have to reboot to have it take
effect. Maybe somebody else knows how to make it instantly active. Anyway, the
basics are (watch wrap):

WshShell.RegWrite "HKEY_USERS\(User ID)\Control Panel\Mouse\SwapMouseButtons",
1, "REG_SZ"

to set it for left handedness.
--
Crash