Join domain without a reboot

I have been searching for a way to make Windows XP (or Windows 2K)
machine join a domain
without a reboot. I have tried using netdom.exe, but the domain becomes
usable only after a reboot. Any ideas ?

  • Re: Word & Excel taking 10 minutes to launch
    ... Windows XP Home Edition means 32-Bit WIndows XP - thank you; But there might be more information in a little more detail... ... What version of Internet Explorer are you currently using? ... Reboot so you start with a fresh machine. ... Reboot and logon as administrative user. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Word & Excel taking 10 minutes to launch
    ... Windows XP Home Edition means 32-Bit WIndows XP - thank you; But there might be more information in a little more detail... ... What version of Internet Explorer are you currently using? ... Reboot so you start with a fresh machine. ... Reboot and logon as administrative user. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Word & Excel taking 10 minutes to launch
    ... Windows XP Home Edition means 32-Bit WIndows XP - thank you; ... What version of Internet Explorer are you currently using? ... Reboot so you start with a fresh machine. ... Reboot and logon as administrative user. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Word & Excel taking 10 minutes to launch
    ... Windows XP Home Edition means 32-Bit WIndows XP - thank you; ... What version of Internet Explorer are you currently using? ... Reboot so you start with a fresh machine. ... Reboot and logon as administrative user. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Controlling Annoying Reboots
    ... Interesting article from the Windows Secrets newsletter. ... But if you're right in the middle of something, seeing Windows reboot ... control how often Windows reminds you to reboot after installing patches - ... That was a production server running our organization's main SQL database! ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)