Re: bloodhound

I am at work - it is my home computer that is crashed

"David H. Lipman" wrote:

> From: "Elaine" <Elaine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> | I have this same virus - I CANNOT GET ON THE INTERNET to download these
> | files, - what are the other options?
> |

> Define EXACTLY what you mean "I CANNOT GET ON THE INTERNET". You are the Internet tio post
> this message.
>

> Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --
> http://www.ik-cs.com/programs/virtools/Multi_AV.exe
>
> It is a self-extracting ZIP file that contains the Kixtart Script Interpreter {
> http://kixtart.org Kixtart is CareWare } three batch files, five Kixtart scripts, one Link
> (.LNK) file, a PDF instruction file and two utilities; UNZIP.EXE and WGET.EXE. It will
> simplify the process of using; Sophos, Trend and McAfee Anti Virus Command Line Scanners to
> remove viruses, Trojans and various other malware.
>
> C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT -- { or Double-click on 'Start Menu' in C:\AV-CLS}
> This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode. This
> way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor’s web site.
> The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Exit the menu and Reboot the PC.
>
> You can choose to go to each menu item and just download the needed files or you can
> download the files and perform a scan in Normal Mode. Once you have downloaded the files
> needed for each scanner you want to use, you should reboot the PC into Safe Mode [F8 key
> during boot] and re-run the menu again and choose which scanner you want to run in Safe
> Mode. It is suggested to run the scanners in both Safe Mode and Normal Mode.
>
> When the menu is displayed hitting 'H' or 'h' will bring up a more comprehensive PDF help
> file.
>
> To use this utility, perform the following...
> Execute; Multi_AV.exe { Note: You must use the default folder C:\AV-CLS }
> Choose; Unzip
> Choose; Close
>
> Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT
> { or Double-click on 'Start Menu' in C:\AV-CLS }
>
> NOTE: You may have to disable your software FireWall or allow WGET.EXE to go through your
> FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor related files.
>
> * * * Please report back your results * * *
>

> --
> Dave
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Re: Virus in no access, hidden file
    ... There are anti virus News Groups specifically for this type of discussion. ... scanners for; ... This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode. ... You can choose to go to each menu item and just download the needed files or you can ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: aim virus: my startup acts like its being used for the first t
    ... the only virus software i have is norton...should i got ahead with this ... > Please download and use the following utility. ... > scanners as well as scanners from McAfee and Sophos. ... > This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: weird system files
    ... As long as you're sure they're not virus files, or other malware, click Start, Run and enter CMD. ... >> This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode. ... >> You can choose to go to each menu item and just download the needed files or you can ... It is suggested to run the scanners in both Safe Mode and Normal Mode. ...
  • Re: Infected with Bloodhound.W32.EP ... HELP
    ... | My laptop has been infected with the Bloodhound.W32.EP virus. ... This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode. ... You can choose to go to each menu item and just download the needed files or you can ... It is suggested to run the scanners in both Safe Mode and Normal Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion)
  • Re: Virus in no access, hidden file
    ... > There are anti virus News Groups specifically for this type of discussion. ... > scanners for; ... > This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode. ... > download the files and perform a scan in Normal Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)