Norton, LAN and external HD "Ethernet

Hi, I have in my LawOffice a LAN and 5 PC with WinXP Sp2 (I have Not
Server), and Norton AntiVirus
I'm going to by an external HD "Ethernet". I would like to know if it is
safe. If I'm not wrong, when you use an external HD that is Not "Ethernet"
it is necessary that it is linked with a first PC that is switch on (and
that PC has Norton), so you have a *double check* because also the second
PC, that wont to access to the HD, has Norton.
Instead when you use an external HD "Ethernet" you don't need the first PC,
linked with HD, that has to be switch on (it could be switch off) so, in
this case, there is only *one check* (I hope) of Norton by the PC that try
to access to th HD. Is it true? Can I be safe in a LAN with an external HD
"Ethernet"?.

Thanks, PaoloB

  • Re: Simple home network stops working ?
    ... >integrated Lan card and updated the SIS900 driver for this adaptor from the ... You've tested the network adapters, and replaced the network cable. ... Is the Norton firewall part of Norton Internet Security or do you have ... Disable the Windows Firewall. ...
  • Re: System has Internet, but cant browse Lan...?
    ... All can browse Internet, and all but one can browse the Lan ... Panel | Windows Firewall it shows that the Firewall is OFF. ... Firewall ON and explains that Norton Internet Worm ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Blue Screen Error
    ... You have a choice of freeware products which, if properly used, will give you adequate protection and you will hear a sigh of relief from your computer when it realises Norton is gone for good! ... attacked by some virus which Microsoft anti-spyware caught. ... I restarted my system and pulled the LAN cable out. ...
  • Blue Screen Error
    ... I had to unistall Norton anti-virus ... attacked by some virus which Microsoft anti-spyware caught. ... I restarted my system and pulled the LAN cable out. ...
  • external HD "Ethernet" Vs. Virus
    ... I have in my LawOffice a LAN and 5 PC with WinXP Sp2 (I have Not ... Server), and Norton AntiVirus ... I'm going to by an external HD "Ethernet". ... it is necessary that it is linked with a first PC that is switch on (and ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)