Re: BloodHound.Exploit.6 need help

From: Sue (noone_at_comcast.net)
Date: 02/09/05

    Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 14:23:46 -0500

    David,

    I followed instructions, no virus appeared, I am going to assume I was never
    infected with the bloodhound, unless it is imbedded somewhere..
    Thanks
    Sue
    > Dump the contents of the IE Temporary Internet Folder cache (TIF)
    >
    > start --> settings --> control panel --> internet options --> delete files
    >
    > 1) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
    > http://vil.nai.com/vil/SystemHelpDocs/DisableSysRestore.htm
    > 2) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode and shutdown as many applications as
    > possible
    > 3) Using your NAV software, perform a Full Scan of your platform and
    > clean/delete any
    > infectors found
    > 4) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform
    > 5) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System Restore and
    > re-apply any
    > System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 200 ~
    > 400MB),
    > 6) Reboot your PC.
    > 7) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point
    >

    > * * * Please report back your results * * *
    >
    > --
    > Dave
    >

    > "Sue" <noone@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > | New Gateway computer, Norton's AV, updates twice a week, Scan once a
    > week,
    > | Lavasoft, Microsoft AntiSpyware installed.
    > |
    > | Was surfing a migraine forum and the following popped up from Norton's.
    > | AutoProtect Bloodhound.Exploit.6, Access
    > | denied file, Owner, YOUR-693befca6d, source:
    > | C\documents and settings\owner\localsettings\temporaryinternet
    > | files\content.ies\ch270iej\x_1 htm
    > | same as above with this following:
    > | repair failed, file.
    > | Then again same as the first, but different ie numbers.
    > | One, it did not quarantine it, I am using XPSP2, used every scan on the
    > net,
    > | ie Trend, lava, Symantec, etc. Shows I have no virus or Trojan. It is
    > | sitting in my NAV reports activity log. I would not allow me to
    > quarantine
    > | it.
    > |
    > | Still new to XP, can't locate my local settings, I empty my temporary
    > | internet files by right clicking on internet explorer icon.
    > | When I go to the my computer etc and locate my TIF, it says this,
    > Content
    > | IES, and nothing is in the folder.
    > | My concern is I have a virus and can't locate it, even though all scans
    > show
    > | otherwise.
    > |
    > | I use this for work, so I know about security, I did not open any email
    > | attachment, I never do, regardless of who it is from.
    > | Please advise.
    > |
    > | Should I delete from the activity log?
    > |
    > | Thanks

    • Re: W32.Beagle.M@mm
      ... Obtain McAfee's virus and worm removal tool, Stinger: http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/ ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: Win XP HOME + MS Blaster (auto shutdown)
      ... Turn on computer but do not connect to the internet ... click to check off "Turn off System Restore", ... Run the virus cleaning tool (DO NOT CONNECT TO THE ... Install the MS Patch ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: BloodHound.Exploit.6 need help
      ... Dump the contents of the IE Temporary Internet Folder cache ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ... Reboot your PC into Safe Mode and shutdown as many applications as possible ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion)
    • Re: Virus -= W32.Netsky.B@mm
      ... Obtain McAfee's virus and worm removal tool, ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ... Swen Internet worm to visit you. ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion)
    • Re: Korgo-V