Re: Which A/V to use?

From: Robert Moir (
Date: 10/16/04

    Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 18:06:47 +0100

    Charles wrote:
    > Which Antivirus software is most accurate?

    Is Picasso a better artist than Da Vinci?

    > Was there ever
    > a comparison which one had better results?

    Which is the better ice cream flavour, Vanilla or Chocolate?

    > I do use Nortons 2005 and find that it doesn't catch the
    > same ones Mcafee may catch and vice versa. I have had also
    > some false positives in the past with mcafee so I stopped
    > using it.

    Well both those products have been well known for false alarms in the past
    so no changes there. is an interesting, well known, and reasonably well
    respected trade journal which runs comparisons but it does have some
    connections to Sophos, or at least it used to.

    Rob Moir, Microsoft MVP for servers & security
    Website -
    Virtual PC 2004 FAQ -
    Kazaa - Software update services for your Viruses and Spyware.

    • Re: Connecting/Partnership
      ... I was having the same problem until I uninstalled my antivirus software, ... was using McAfee, it was blocking ports that Activesync uses to communicate ... completely uninstall it. ...
    • Re: Removing Ca Etrust antivirus webscanner
      ... during this hunt to remove ca was a mistake i'm damned if i'll ... i just want to get mcafee up and running ... thirdly any antivirus software that cause me all these ... do multiple malware sweeps and frequent image backups because ...
    • Re: question on anti virus programs
      ... I've migrated a number of customers to eTrust or even ... As to McAfee - I worked in an Enterprise where McAfee was the ... The only AntiVirus software I ... you don't get any virus updates at all - Almost every computer I've ...
    • Re: deleting a file
      ... The McAfee site has specific instructions for manually removing its ... antivirus software, by version. ... >i am installing a new antivirus program and need to delete all old ones ... > SecurityCenter uninstall failed! ...