sp2 & pestpatrol

From: RustyM (RM_at_RMcom)
Date: 10/13/04

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:21:30 -0700

Win xp home, sp2, cable modem
Hi my sis is new to security. I told her to go to pest patrol to get extra
opinions-SHe has ad-aware installed too for scanning. But this big IE page
warning popped up prior to her clicking on the installtion to agree to
download the active x component. She did not go through with it but emailed
me the warning. I read it and it pretty much says to be cautious with active
x controls, if you dont know the source dont install, make sure it has a
digital signature, etc. GOod warning but scared her. I told her Id ask the
experts here for their opionion. I use Ppatrol but am not warned cause I use
sp1-but I use ZA too and no warning pops up.So, can I convince her that it
IS safe and how.thanks-

--
Thanks so very much for your help-! ! ! !