Re: Netsky

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 10/10/04

Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 08:23:29 -0400

Obtain McAfee's virus and worm removal tool, Stinger: http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

1) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
2) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode
3) Using McAfee Stinger, perform a Full Scan of your platform and clean/delete any
         infectors found
4) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform
5) If you are using WinME or WinXP, Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any
        System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
6) Reboot your PC.
7) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point
8) Please report back your results

Dave

"chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I have just discovered, after days of problems with a
| music recording programme which has started to stutter
| badly, that my computer is infected with I-worm/Netsky.Q
| How do I get rid of this infernal creature? My AVG virus
| checker finds it, but can't dispose of it.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: 2 explorer.exe in my task manager
    ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ... Reboot your PC into Safe Mode ...
  • Re: 2 explorer.exe in my task manager
    ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ... Reboot your PC into Safe Mode ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Download.Trojan
    ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, re-enable System Restore, reboot the PC ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Notepad.exe not working properly ...
    ... If you don't have c:\i386 but have the winXP CDROM, ... |> 2) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ... |> 3) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Request for Help VBS/Redolf.a virus
    ... | 5) If you are using WinME or WinXP, re-enable System Restore, reboot the PC ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)