Re: Netsky

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 10/10/04

Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 08:23:29 -0400

Obtain McAfee's virus and worm removal tool, Stinger: http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

1) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
2) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode
3) Using McAfee Stinger, perform a Full Scan of your platform and clean/delete any
         infectors found
4) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform
5) If you are using WinME or WinXP, Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any
        System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
6) Reboot your PC.
7) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point
8) Please report back your results

Dave