From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 19:46:29 -0400
1) Download the following three items...
Trend Sysclean Package
Latest Trend signature files.
Adaware SE (personal free version)
Create a directory.
On drive "C:\"
(e.g., "c:\New Folder")
or the desktop
(e.g., "C:\Documents and Settings\lipman\Desktop\New Folder")
Download sysclean.com and place it in that directory.
Dowload the signature files (pattern files) by obtaining the ZIP file.
For example; lpt192.zip
Extract the contents of the ZIP file and place the contents in the same directory as
2) Update Adware with the latest definitions.
3) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
4) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode
5) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware, perform a Full Scan of your
platform and clean/delete any infectors/parasites found.
6) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using both the
Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware
7) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any
System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
8) Reboot your PC.
9) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point
10) Please report back your results
"Maggie" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message
| my computer is infected with spyware how do i get rid of