Re: medload.exe

anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com
Date: 10/08/04

    Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 12:08:33 -0700

    Folder")

    >Download sysclean.com and place it in that directory.
    >Dowload the signature files (pattern files) by obtaining
    the ZIP file.
    >For example; lpt186.zip
    >
    >Extract the contents of the ZIP file and place the
    contents in the same directory as
    >sysclean.com.
    >
    >2) Update Adware with the latest definitions.
    >3) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System
    Restore

    http://vil.nai.com/vil/SystemHelpDocs/DisableSysRestore.ht
    >4) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode
    >5) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and
    Adaware, perform a Full Scan of your
    > platform and clean/delete any
    infectors/parasites found.
    >6) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan
    of your platform using both the
    > Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware
    >7) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System
    Restore and re-apply any
    > System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space
    to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
    >8) Reboot your PC.
    >9) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new
    Restore point
    >10) Please report back your results
    >
    >Dave
    >

    >"Mat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    >| Hi everyone:)!!
    >| Picked up a trojan calling itself medload.exe, cant
    seem
    >| to get rid of it!!, wont allow me to delete files.
    norton
    >| antivirus keeps saying CANNOT CLEAN INFECTED FILES..,
    Is
    >| there any program out their to sort this???(tried
    spybot,
    >| spysweeper) the only last resort is using FIFO, need a
    >| quick fix for this!!, any bright sparks got any
    ideas???..
    >| buy u a cup of tea if your suggestion works!!.
    >|
    >| Thanks
    >|
    >| Mat
    >

    >.Thanks Dave!!
     Cup of Tea on the way to you!!... jaffa cakes are on the
    house!!

    Mat

    • Re: Virus/Worms
      ... >1) Download the following two items... ... >6) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System ... >| My computer got a virus back in June. ... >| Norton Internet Security. ...
    • Re: Virus/Worms
      ... Download the following two items... ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ... Reboot your PC into Safe Mode ...
    • Re: heretofind problem
      ... (e.g., "c:\New Folder") ... Download sysclean.com and place it in that directory. ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion)
    • Re: Need help IE uncrontrollable website access
      ... (e.g., "c:\New Folder") ... Download sysclean.com and place it in that directory. ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: trusted web sites in ie6.0
      ... | are 3 'trusted site' entries left from the hijackThis scan that the ... Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory. ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)