Re: medload.exe

anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com
Date: 10/08/04

    Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 12:08:33 -0700

    Folder")

    >Download sysclean.com and place it in that directory.
    >Dowload the signature files (pattern files) by obtaining
    the ZIP file.
    >For example; lpt186.zip
    >
    >Extract the contents of the ZIP file and place the
    contents in the same directory as
    >sysclean.com.
    >
    >2) Update Adware with the latest definitions.
    >3) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System
    Restore

    http://vil.nai.com/vil/SystemHelpDocs/DisableSysRestore.ht
    >4) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode
    >5) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and
    Adaware, perform a Full Scan of your
    > platform and clean/delete any
    infectors/parasites found.
    >6) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan
    of your platform using both the
    > Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware
    >7) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System
    Restore and re-apply any
    > System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space
    to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
    >8) Reboot your PC.
    >9) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new
    Restore point
    >10) Please report back your results
    >
    >Dave
    >

    >"Mat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    >| Hi everyone:)!!
    >| Picked up a trojan calling itself medload.exe, cant
    seem
    >| to get rid of it!!, wont allow me to delete files.
    norton
    >| antivirus keeps saying CANNOT CLEAN INFECTED FILES..,
    Is
    >| there any program out their to sort this???(tried
    spybot,
    >| spysweeper) the only last resort is using FIFO, need a
    >| quick fix for this!!, any bright sparks got any
    ideas???..
    >| buy u a cup of tea if your suggestion works!!.
    >|
    >| Thanks
    >|
    >| Mat
    >

    >.Thanks Dave!!
     Cup of Tea on the way to you!!... jaffa cakes are on the
    house!!

    Mat