Re: bios virus???

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 10/07/04

Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 16:21:06 -0400

You are misinterpreting the screen. It is NOT BIOS generated and there are NO BIOS viruses.
There are BIOS infectors that erase the BIOS of flashable BIOS's but if that was the case,
your PC would never have booted.

If you have a menu to choose WinXP Home or WinXP Pro then someone installed WinXP Pro ontop
WinXP Home.

This is easily curable by editing the hidden file, c:\boot.ini

Dave