W32/Sdbot.worm.gen.y

From: Craig Kelly (cpk_at_!!!!!!!!cpknkirk!!!!!!!!.f2s.com)
Date: 10/05/04

    Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 07:04:35 +0100

    This virus will not go away! It is driving me nuts!!

    I am using Win2K. I have used antivirus programs including AVG, Stinger
    etc. My firewall is Prevx. Con anyone help me? Nothing I have found
    online seems to help.

    Craig

    • Re: Recurrent question
      ... First it's a virus then it's a trojan:) The AVG database said: ... This works with any browser. ... > So AVG caught it twice and Outpost caught it twice. ... > allowed through the firewall, rather than an actual firewall exploit. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: McAfee and Comcast
      ... I eventually uninstalled McAfee and went with AVG anti-virus and Comodo firewall. ... I will say that McAfee antivirus was faster at scanning files downloaded through IE than is AVG but I only do downloads occasionally. ... I tried Avira's AV program but grew hostile of its bannerware during updates that interfere with other running programs. ... Doesn't sound like often enough but that depends on how active you are in downloading files from unknown or untrusted sources, leaving ActiveX enabled in your browser, or other unsafe Net practices. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
    • Re: Recurrent question
      ... First it's a virus then it's a trojan:) The AVG database said: ... This works with any browser. ... > So AVG caught it twice and Outpost caught it twice. ... > allowed through the firewall, rather than an actual firewall exploit. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Recurrent question
      ... 1st catch to AVG. ... This works with any browser. ... >> So AVG caught it twice and Outpost caught it twice. ... I had to change my firewall rules twice before Breakout/IE ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Do I Really Need an Antivirus Program?
      ... AVG was only the latest antivirus experiment. ... previous antivirus programs causing problems with Adobe Acrobat; ... It caused the exact same problems as AVG: Acrobat would ... drawn out process of creating a PDF file from a webpage. ...