Re: Virus help

From: danny (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/04/04

    Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 10:19:49 -0700

    Thanks David,i'm going to try it out!

    Danny

    a CDROM with the files downloaded.
    >Follow my directions below...
    >
    >1) Download the following three items...
    >
    > Trend Sysclean Package
    > http://www.trendmicro.com/download/dcs.asp
    >
    > Latest Trend signature files.
    > http://www.trendmicro.com/download/pattern.asp
    >
    > Adaware SE
    > http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    >
    >Create a directory.
    >On drive "C:\"
    >(e.g., "c:\New Folder")
    >or the desktop
    >(e.g., "C:\Documents and Settings\lipman\Desktop\New
    Folder")

    >Download sysclean.com and place it in that directory.
    >Dowload the signature files (pattern files) by obtaining
    the ZIP file.
    >For example; lpt186.zip
    >
    >Extract the contents of the ZIP file and place the
    contents in the same directory as
    >sysclean.com.
    >
    >2) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System
    Restore

    http://vil.nai.com/vil/SystemHelpDocs/DisableSysRestore.ht
    >3) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode
    >4) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and
    Adaware, perform a Full Scan of your
    > platform and clean/delete any
    infectors/parasites found.
    >5) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan
    of your platform using both the
    > Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware
    >6) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System
    Restore and re-apply any
    > System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space
    to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
    >7) Reboot your PC.
    >8) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new
    Restore point
    >9) Please report back your results
    >
    >Dave
    >

    >"danny" <danny261169@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >| I have the same problem,the links wont work as the
    virus
    >| disables anything to do with antivirus and shuts down
    >| internet explorer as soon as yo click on anything to do
    >| with virus's
    >| HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >| Danny

    Full
    >| Scan of your platform and
    >| > clean/delete any infectors found
    >| >5) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan
    >| of your platform
    >| >6) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable
    System
    >| Restore and re-apply any
    >| > System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space
    >| to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
    >| >7) Reboot your PC.
    >| >8) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new
    >| Restore point
    >| >9) Please report back your results
    >| >
    >| >Dave
    >| >

    >| >"Peter" <aboslot@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    >| OE.I
    >| get "configuration
    >| ideas
    >| >

    >| >.
    >| >

    >.

    • Re: virus, help!
      ... >Download sysclean.com and place it in that directory. ... >7) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System ... Restore and re-apply any ... registry problem it finds, when it says it fixes them it ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: Virus/Worms
      ... Download the following two items... ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ... Reboot your PC into Safe Mode ...
    • Re: I do not know what happened
      ... I was Working on a project on my laptop, when suddenly my whole screen went green (this has happened before, I just reboot and everything is usually alright) so I rebooted. ... I tried system restore, General searches. ... And I know that even if I delete anything off this computer there is usually still fragments somewhere. ... The more you use the hd with the deleted files, the more data you overwrite, so you should download the program to a flash drive, or floppy. ...
    • Re: Virus help
      ... Download using a friends, family or other PC. ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ... Reboot your PC into Safe Mode ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion)
    • Re: My computer doesnt start-up properly
      ... Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory. ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ... > start menu, no tool bar, nothing. ...