Re: virus

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 10/04/04

    Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 21:49:47 -0400

    Download using a friends, family or other PC. And burn a CDROM with the files downloaded.
    Follow my directions below...

    1) Download the following three items...

             Trend Sysclean Package

             Latest Trend signature files.

             Adaware SE
             http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Create a directory.
    On drive "C:\"
    (e.g., "c:\New Folder")
    or the desktop

    Download sysclean.com and place it in that directory.
    Dowload the signature files (pattern files) by obtaining the ZIP file.
    For example; lpt186.zip

    sysclean.com.

    2) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
    3) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode
    4) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware, perform a Full Scan of your
            platform and clean/delete any infectors/parasites found.
    5) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using both the
            Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware
    6) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any
                System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
    7) Reboot your PC.
    8) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point
    9) Please report back your results

    Dave

    "danny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | It looks like i have the same problem,my antivirus is
    | disabled and if i try to go to an antivirus website it
    | shuts down internet explorer, i also cant use the
    | administrator tools in my computer,i have followed the
    | instructions,but it wont link to the sites,just says,page
    | not available,if i try and go to the site,it just shuts
    | down internet explorer????
    | I could also do with some major HELP!!!
    | Danny

    • Re: Virus/Worms
      ... Download the following two items... ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ... Reboot your PC into Safe Mode ...
    • Re: trusted web sites in ie6.0
      ... | are 3 'trusted site' entries left from the hijackThis scan that the ... Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory. ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: heretofind problem
      ... (e.g., "c:\New Folder") ... Download sysclean.com and place it in that directory. ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion)
    • Re: Need help IE uncrontrollable website access
      ... (e.g., "c:\New Folder") ... Download sysclean.com and place it in that directory. ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: mcafee32.exe
      ... Dump the contents of the IE Temporary Internet Folder cache ... Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory. ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)