Re: virus

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 10/04/04

    Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 21:49:47 -0400

    Download using a friends, family or other PC. And burn a CDROM with the files downloaded.
    Follow my directions below...

    1) Download the following three items...

             Trend Sysclean Package

             Latest Trend signature files.

             Adaware SE

    Create a directory.
    On drive "C:\"
    (e.g., "c:\New Folder")
    or the desktop

    Download and place it in that directory.
    Dowload the signature files (pattern files) by obtaining the ZIP file.
    For example;

    2) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
    3) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode
    4) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware, perform a Full Scan of your
            platform and clean/delete any infectors/parasites found.
    5) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using both the
            Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware
    6) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any
                System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
    7) Reboot your PC.
    8) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point
    9) Please report back your results