New Virus? I need help!!

From: Emily (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/01/04

Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 06:25:50 -0700

Please can anyone help me. I have a virus on my home PC.
I have Windows XP, and if I try to log on, my computer
will automatically shut down. There is no countdown, no
warning, it just shuts off. I can run the PC in Safe-
mode, so I know it is not the PC hardware/software, it is
a virus.
Any suggestions?! I cannot even run my virus software
(Symantec) as the PC does not load up.
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Relevant Pages

  • Bobax.C
    ... Other files containing the virus have been ... W32.Bobax.C is a worm that exploits both the LSASS ... While this threat may execute on Windows 95/98/Me/Server ... Virus Definitions * ...
  • Re: Pixelsrvr.exe wont load on bootup
    ... Sounds like you got yourself a virus,. ... Adds the following line to the [windows] section of the Win.ini file: ... antivirus products, including the Symantec AntiVirus and Norton AntiVirus ... Disabling System Restore ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.video)
  • Re: HELP ON XP RE-INSTALLATION...
    ... > IF I REINSTALL XP ON MY COMPUTER HELP IF I HAVE A VIRUS THAT I CANT ... Don't have an AntiVirus software? ... There are more applications you may need to run to completely clean your ... It will probably save you time and effort in re-installing Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: RE-INSTALLING XP
    ... > IF I REINSTALL XP ON MY COMPUTER HELP IF I HAVE A VIRUS THAT I CANT ... Don't have an AntiVirus software? ... There are more applications you may need to run to completely clean your ... It will probably save you time and effort in re-installing Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Big Bertha Thing blogs
    ... Big Bertha Thing moisture ... but Windows is still down. ... It looks like I picked up a macro virus off a wordperfect attachment ... How can we hold this vision dearer than Thee. ...
    (sci.chem)