Re: LSPAK.DLL Trojan Virus

From: Chek (chek_16_at_hootmail.com)
Date: 09/30/04

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 19:19:07 +0100

If you now know the name of the dll's that you want to
delete, I can recommend
Advanced Process Manipulator from:
http://www.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=apm

This will allow you to search through running processes and
unload the file, which can then be deleted.

Hope this helps (and it hasn't found a way round this yet
also)

Chek

--
Change' boos' to 'bos'  in address to email directly
"John" <jdvona@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> You are correct! This lspak.dll is a tough #@#  trojan.
It has
> shutdown my Spybot  completely while removing it. When I
run Adaware,
> it identifies the
> trojan but when i try to remove it, a cryptic message
appears that I
> need to reboot, which doesn't remove it.  Finally, I run
my virus
> software, Trend MicroPC-Cillin , but I get a message that
the virus
> engine
> can't be found.  Even HiJackThis is disabled.
>
> Yes, I did all these steps in both win 2000 and in
SafeMode.Typically
> I can delete all trojan DLL's when in SafeMode, not in
this case, I
> get an access denied in safe mode as well.  I deleted all
the exe's
> but when I reboot, the DLL's are still active and my
machine
> automatically installs 10 exe's.
>
> My question to the group is how do I physically stop or
unregister a
> dll?
>
> I tried the following: Start|RUn  and typed: regsvr32 u/
> c:\winnt\system32\lspak.dll  but I received an error and
still

message news:<07af01c49bbe$bf2a04b0$a301280a@phx.gbl>...
> > Have found a trojan horse virus that is effecting the
> > c\windows\system32\lspak.dll file. The Virus software
cant
> > move it to the virus vault or delete it. I dont seem to
be