Re: LSPAK.DLL Trojan Virus

From: John (jdvona_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 09/30/04

Date: 29 Sep 2004 19:37:56 -0700

You are correct! This lspak.dll is a tough #@# trojan. It has
shutdown my Spybot completely while removing it. When I run Adaware,
it identifies the
trojan but when i try to remove it, a cryptic message appears that I
need to reboot, which doesn't remove it. Finally, I run my virus
software, Trend MicroPC-Cillin , but I get a message that the virus
engine
can't be found. Even HiJackThis is disabled.

Yes, I did all these steps in both win 2000 and in SafeMode.Typically
I can delete all trojan DLL's when in SafeMode, not in this case, I
get an access denied in safe mode as well. I deleted all the exe's
but when I reboot, the DLL's are still active and my machine
automatically installs 10 exe's.

My question to the group is how do I physically stop or unregister a
dll?

I tried the following: Start|RUn and typed: regsvr32 u/
c:\winnt\system32\lspak.dll but I received an error and still
couldn't delete it.

Any thoughts?Thanks,
john

"ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<07af01c49bbe$bf2a04b0$a301280a@phx.gbl>...
> Have found a trojan horse virus that is effecting the
> c\windows\system32\lspak.dll file. The Virus software cant
> move it to the virus vault or delete it. I dont seem to be
> able to access the internet. Any suggestions?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Virus infection help needed
    ... > registry that Symantec says it creates but still the virus is there.... ... you have a trojan, ... Reboot in safe mode and run a scan again. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • >>>> REMOVE MANUALLY <<<<
    ... Remove Virus Manually ... How To Remove Spyware Manually ... Manually Remove Trojan Horse ... Manually Remove Symantec Antivirus ...
    (sci.math.num-analysis)
  • Re: Win32/Agent.ONB Trojan virus built into an mp3 player rom
    ... When the MP3 Player is plugged into a USB port on our computer, it is identified by Windows XP home as two devices:- ... The result of this is that Windows tries to run the file "start.exe", and as soon as this happens it is flagged by the anti-virus software as containing the Win32/Agent.ONB Trojan virus ... There are some references to this virus on the web, but nothing very useful which I have found so far - the following has been translated from Italian on a forum and relates a similar experience. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: trojan virus PLEASE HELP!
    ... There are anti virus News Groups specifically for this type of discussion. ... How do you know you have a Trojan on your PC? ... This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode. ... You can choose to go to each menu item and just download the needed files or you can ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Vicious Vundo Infection
    ... Spybot) but cannot get rid of it. ... The virus puts a new entry in the startup command every time I re- boot. ... The Active Boot Disk has a 10 day trial, ... that the trojan created. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)