Re: LSPAK.DLL Trojan Virus

From: John (jdvona_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 09/30/04

Date: 29 Sep 2004 19:37:56 -0700

You are correct! This lspak.dll is a tough #@# trojan. It has
shutdown my Spybot completely while removing it. When I run Adaware,
it identifies the
trojan but when i try to remove it, a cryptic message appears that I
need to reboot, which doesn't remove it. Finally, I run my virus
software, Trend MicroPC-Cillin , but I get a message that the virus
engine
can't be found. Even HiJackThis is disabled.

Yes, I did all these steps in both win 2000 and in SafeMode.Typically
I can delete all trojan DLL's when in SafeMode, not in this case, I
get an access denied in safe mode as well. I deleted all the exe's
but when I reboot, the DLL's are still active and my machine
automatically installs 10 exe's.

My question to the group is how do I physically stop or unregister a
dll?

I tried the following: Start|RUn and typed: regsvr32 u/
c:\winnt\system32\lspak.dll but I received an error and still
couldn't delete it.

Any thoughts?Thanks,
john