Virus ? beasty man pops up

From: Marc (marckath1_at_optusnet.com.au)
Date: 07/10/04

Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 23:12:10 +1000

Hi
I am use Win2000 pro and when I open explorer I get this strange beastie
man pops up and then goes away. I have run My AV and online Norton's and
they show all clear but it still pops up. I think my son opened one of those
fake Microsoft emails

Thanks for any help

Marc

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Virus ? beasty man pops up
    ... Marc wrote: ... > I am use Win2000 pro and when I open explorer I get this strange beastie ... This message is virus free as far as I can tell. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion)
  • Could not reconnect all network drives
    ... I have 1 user that gets this error message when logging on to SBS2K server. ... User is running XP pro, and was working fine till today. ... Could not reconnect to all network drives. ... When I open explorer, the mapped drives are there, but when I try to open, I ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Problem with Explorer on network with new Pavillion dv8000
    ... I recently got a brand new Pavillion dv8000 running XP Pro. ... Everithing goes fine except when I open Explorer on a directory on my network. ...
    (comp.sys.hp.hardware)
  • IE does not open
    ... I cannot open the IE browser, i re-installed it again, i ... reinstalled windows xp pro too, ... When i try to open explorer and i cant open that too, ...