Re: trojan horse downloader apropro.J

From: madmax (maxpro4u_at_nomail.afraid.org)
Date: 06/18/04

Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 16:27:05 GMT

kwood wrote:
> I have a trojan horse virus alert which reads:
> virus
> trojan horse Downloader.apropo.J is found in file
> C:\System Volume Information\_restore{F2681A7D-91E5-401A-
> Ac8B-015335799DCO}\RP13\A0000607.dll
> What in the world do I do now? I use avg 6.0 free edition
> which contains the virus but how do I get it outta here
> totally? Also have lots of spam popping up every time I
> sit down to computer which never happened before this.
It is in the system restore files.It will be fine until you
use system restore.You can turn off system restore in system
properties.See:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310405
When you turn it off all restore points will be deleted.
About the spam,Mozilla Thunderbird has good junk mail
filters.I use it instead of Outlook.And Mozilla Firefox has
a pretty good pop-up stopper.Google has a pop-up stopper for
Internet Explorer.There are many out there to choose from.
The new release of IE6 has a pop-up stopper built in but
will not be out till the end of July.
-max

--
Programs that I use and recommend (all are free)
Many thanks to all the people who make these fine products!
Spybot Search and Destroy 1.3
http://www.safer-networking.org/
Spyware Blaster
Spyware Guard
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareguard.html
Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
Sygate Personal Firewall
http://soho.sygate.com/products/spf_standard.htm
Avast! For Home
Eraser 5.3
http://www.tolvanen.com/eraser/
CwShredder
HijackThis
http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html
Thunderbird
Firefox
This message is virus free as far I can tell
Change nomail.afraid.org to neo.rr.com so you can reply
  Use in Usenet. Feel free to use it yourself.)