Re: Nachi, Lovsan

From: Craol (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/27/04

Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:54:38 -0700

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
>or the Microsoft Lovsan/Blaster and Nachi/Welchia
Removal Tool
>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?
FamilyId=E70A0D8B-FE98-493F-AD76-
BF673A38B4CF&displaylang=en
>and install the following patch for the RPC/RPCSS and
DCOM Vulnerabilities that are
>addressed by Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-012 -
KB828741
us;828741 and finally
>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-
012.mspx

>Please read:
>
>You also need a FireWall. If you don't patch the PC and
not use a FireWall then you will
>just be re-infected.
>
>I also suggest the installation of *ALL* MS Critical
Updates ASAP.

>Dave
>

>"Carol" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>| I have discovered these two viruses on my laptop and
>| deleted them using the appropriate tools and my machine
>| now says it is clear. However, after being on the net
for
>| 5 mins or so the pages refuse to load and the level of
>| traffic is immense.
>| I have the firewall enabled within Windows XP Home. I
>| have checked the registry for the virus settings but
>| there is no sign. The only thing that enable me to
access
>| the net is rebooting my machine but then again after 5
>| minutes it slows completely down
>| Anyone have any ideas????
>| Thanks
>

>.
>Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I have now done all of this and run
the stinger again which found no virus. However, when
trying to download critical updates (not the patches, i
copied thes from another pc) exactly the same thing
happens, the updats download and then freeze on install
and i am unable to view the net.
Is it something I'm doing wrong or do i have to reinstall
Windows?
Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: This is Why Consoles are More Popular than PCs for Gaming
    ... Just remembering you needed that faithful floppy disk to install SATA ... > patch downloaded, well the patch took *forever* to install. ... You download patches every time? ... still have patches for games I have uninstalled on CD. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)
  • Re: Office 2003 SP2
    ... I'm a little surpriced about reading "Now go away". ... make it possible to install. ... > download SP-2, burn it and give you a copy. ... > || explicitly inquired about someone else downloading the patch for you, ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • RE: computer shuts down shortly after connnecting, help please
    ... You must clean up the computer before trying to install SP2 on it. ... And yes, you can download ... From a different, clean machine download Stinger ... After you've run Stinger and/or Sysclean and removed spyware as ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Office 2003 SP2
    ... to make it possible to install. ... || download SP-2, burn it and give you a copy. ... installing the CD of the downloaded and redistributed patch to get ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • Re: Office 2003 SP2
    ... > explicitly inquired about someone else downloading the patch for you, ... My response to you indicated that this would not be legal. ... > converation about whether it is legal or not to ask someone else to download ... install the update onto my PC from that CD? ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)