possible virus urgent help

From: cal (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/23/04

Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 06:34:15 -0800

hi this is on behalf of a friend, he has a very important
and powerful job and he disabled some of thier security
devices and now who thinks he may have the mydoom virus.
how can he remove the virus without using the net as his
system will not open any applications any more just the
egg timer shows and doesnt disappear but nothing else
happens. could someone tell me how to remove or check the
virus without internet access thanks. oh also this
morning when he switched his pc on an error message came
up saying that something to do with system/32 could not
be found and that he should insert the windows disc
supplied with his machine any ideas thanks really urgent

Relevant Pages

  • Re: possible virus urgent help
    ... > and powerful job and he disabled some of thier security ... > devices and now who thinks he may have the mydoom virus. ... job like your friend should be able to get help from their own IT support ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion)
  • Re: Just when you think youd seen it all.....
    ... I had a system from a friend that had almost 200 ... virus infections not counting the spyware, ... E-mail from a relative and click on the virus attachment. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Fixing broken XP install on XPS machine
    ... friend who's an IT tech" messed with it after an apparent virus attack. ... system boots, the pre-desktop screen displays a text message saying that ... We decided to first try a conservative strategy, doing a repair install ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Anyone heard about this bad virus?
    ... AVG put up the notice that a virus threat was ... called his friend from whom he recieved the email. ... install the Adobe and the Foxit PDF readers, but DO NOT set either Foxit or Adobe reader as the default PDF plugin. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: Fixing broken XP install on XPS machine
    ... friend who's an IT tech" messed with it after an apparent virus attack. ... When the system boots, the pre-desktop screen displays a text message saying that AUTOCHK is not available for disk type RAW. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)