Virus in Movie Maker

From: Ben (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/16/04

Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:54:40 -0800

recently some basic windows fiunctions have been running
very slowly like start menu + opening C: drive taking
several minutes. Games proformance has not been affected
at all. when i run adware it freezes on Movie Maker
folder + it cant find the movie maker program. things get
interestin when if i click on the folder in any program
it thinks for a few minutes then comes up with a message
saying:

C: drive is not formated
would you like to format now
Yes NO

i think most people would agree this is a virus but
despite my best attempts i cant get rid of it. an online
scan revels nothing and i havnt got the money 2 get a new
anti-virus scanner (my old 1 hasnt updated since
25/10/03) so does ne1 know wat ive got (im running Win Xp