Virus in Movie Maker

From: Ben (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/16/04

Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:54:40 -0800

recently some basic windows fiunctions have been running
very slowly like start menu + opening C: drive taking
several minutes. Games proformance has not been affected
at all. when i run adware it freezes on Movie Maker
folder + it cant find the movie maker program. things get
interestin when if i click on the folder in any program
it thinks for a few minutes then comes up with a message
saying:

C: drive is not formated
would you like to format now
Yes NO

i think most people would agree this is a virus but
despite my best attempts i cant get rid of it. an online
scan revels nothing and i havnt got the money 2 get a new
anti-virus scanner (my old 1 hasnt updated since
25/10/03) so does ne1 know wat ive got (im running Win Xp

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Virus in Movie Maker
    ... |>| folder + it cant find the movie maker program. ... |>| would you like to format now ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion)
  • Re: Daily Backup
    ... also i don't understand what are yours modifications and why.i cant find the logic explanation. ... The folder generated by the application is this format 20080709, ... how to write a batch to copy yesterday's date folder to anothere directory. ... I want to backup the folder with yesterday's data using the backup schedule job. ...
  • Re: Virus in Movie Maker
    ... >| folder + it cant find the movie maker program. ... >| would you like to format now ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion)
  • Re: Virus in Movie Maker
    ... You said "...i think most people would agree this is a virus" ... | folder + it cant find the movie maker program. ... | would you like to format now ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion)
  • Re: IMAP server alternatives
    ... Personally I have had no issues with IMAP-UW, but the users in our office have had issues with the mbox format itself. ... Specifically they cannot store messages & subfolders within a folder. ... I saw a dramatic improvement in speed with both Thunderbird and Squirrelmail after switching from mbox to maildir. ...
    (freebsd-questions)