Re: Trojan called BackDoor.Iroffer.F / HELP

From: taff (taff_at_the-valleys.com)
Date: 02/12/04

Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:09:50 +0000

On 11 Feb 2004 09:29:20 -0800, t-t-t@easyclub.ch (cordelia) wrote:

>I found some infected files in my system XP under the following
>directories:
>c:\System Volume Information\-restore{etc..... . I also tried to
>delete the "friends" starting windows on a temporary mode and scan
>again AVG pro, but did not work.
>
>Somebody Can help me with exact procedures...
>
>How can I acced to the files? Can I safely remove the Trojan by
>delating the files without damage to the system?
>Sorry for my basic english
>Regards,
>Cordelia

Turn off system restore.
http://www.pchell.com/virus/systemrestore.shtml
run a full virus check.If it is clear, then,
Reboot the computer
Turn ON system restore and set a new restore point.

Taff.................

www.sounds-pa.com | www.thecomputerworkshop.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: GONE! Trojan Horse Downloader.agent.2.BK
    ... I think the trojan is gone! ... disabled system restore according to the instructions, ... Lo and behold, AVG ... >updated antivirus, in safe mode if you want, you ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Torjan and Virus
    ... But how do I know if its in that one folder? ... So If I do a disk cleanup on system restore, will it just get rid of that ... > A trojan is a specific type of virus - a program that pretends to be ... If you want to speed up this process use Disk Cleanup on the ...
  • Re: MT CHAT - Anyone know what happened?
    ... | It's a trojan bot that's been around on a number of websites - I ... Before the computer went completely down, Ad-Aware said at ... least part of the trojan was in the system restore files, ... which enables me to run IE "natively" in Firefox. ...
    (sci.med.transcription)
  • Re: Problem with winlohonhook trojan!!
    ... I had aproblem with this trojan winlogonhook on my computer. ... I have the windows XP home eddition instaled on my comp. ... getting reinfested because you failed to flush System Restore. ... We need to know _where_ your antimalware product finds the malware, ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Question on MSC0NFIG.BAT
    ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ... |>Often known as a RAT - Remote Access Trojan. ... |>| into a different directory and use McAffee to scan it. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)