sysconf.exe

the_wanderer_at_manx.net
Date: 02/02/04

Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 14:38:29 -0800

My virus protection says the sysconf.exe file in my
Windows/system32/ file is infected with a Trojan, and
that I must remove the file and replace it with a clean
copy. What is this file? How serious is this? And how do
I get a clean copy of sysconf.exe in the first place?
I use computers for the net and word processing, I'm not
an IT student so please can someone help me...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Removing CoolWebSearch (spyware)
    ... do you have a good backup of your valuables? ... fear of taking the trojan along with them? ... dirty it's tons easier to clean a not-booted drive. ... stuff is safe and clean, ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: Removing CoolWebSearch (spyware)
    ... without taking the trojan along with it? ... having to boot Windows on the same drive. ... dirty it's tons easier to clean a not-booted drive. ... Reload Windows from CD ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: Klone Virus
    ... | A simple clean reinstall wiping all disks ... | case of a Trojan it's NOT sufficient to remove the Trojan, ... create "restricted user" accounts for EVERY user of the system, ... | except system administration. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Question for all
    ... One way to clean the trojan horse off of the system is ... He is running Norton ... Want to chat instantly with your online friends? ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Trojan.Proscks, I cant clean, quarantine, or delete
    ... | My Norton A/V could not clean, quarantine the files, so it left them alone. ... | the virus as LOW theat, so I put the issue on hold. ... It is a Trojan and not a virus and it looks like the Trojan "trojanized" the legitimate ...