Re: Open a group as domain administrator

<gimme_this_gimme_that@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

I have a statement like this one:

Set myGroup = GetObject("LDAP://
CN=MyGroup,OU=SomeotherOu,OU=SomeOu,OU=Rights,OU=Groups,OU=Americas,DC=somplace,DC=msds,DC=rhi,DC=com")

Letter I want to execute

myGroup.SetInfo

as the domain administrator.

What is the syntax?

Set myGroup = GetObject("LDAP://
CN=MyGroup,OU=SomeotherOu,OU=SomeOu,OU=Rights,OU=Groups,OU=Americas,DC=somplace,DC=msds,DC=rhi,DC=com",strUsername,strPassword)

I believe someone has already suggested you download the documentation for
vbscript. If you do, you will find all of the available functions
documented. The parameters that GetObject accepts have nothing to do with
alternate credentials. If you want a script to make use of the elevated
privileges of a domain administrator, the standard method is to either logon
with a domain admin account to run the script, run it as a scheduled task,
or use RUNAS to run it under alternate credentials.

/Al

  • Re: Newbie Question: Querying Multiple Computers for Service Account
    ... > I am trying to create a script so that it identifies all computers in the ... > domain that have any services running under our domain administrator ... > For Each objItem In colItems ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.wsh)
  • Re: IfMember & Adding Domain Group to Local Admin Group
    ... > local administrator group of the workstations only. ... > script to users we run into a similar problem as Domain Administrator ... setting from applying to servers, put your servers in a "servers" ... I would reccomend this over trying to do this from a logon script. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: Disk quota display
    ... Any Domain Administrator is ... The Script Center Script Repository: ... > So it does not seem suitable for network disk quotas. ...
  • Re: Win 2000 Pro error at startup
    ... I think its better to check with your domain administrator, ... running some start up script and something happening wrong and you are ... > When I turn on my computer and,as the icons come onto my ... When I push the ok button every thing seems to ...
  • Re: LDAP changePassword always returns error
    ... I based it off this script at Technet: ... this problem persists, please contact your administrator.") ... >> user making the change or the domain administrator. ... >> domain admin), and that works fine. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)