Re: Folder Size Multiple Directories
- From: "Yorgy" <georgei@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 17:25:51 -0500
"Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23sxOZP7jJHA.4448@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Yorgy" <georgei@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:D884A196-863F-490C-8340-F1AA42CA4AAC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHello,
Can someone please tell me if there is a script out there that would collect all folder sizes in a Windows Server 2003 Directory? Basically, we are trying to determine what are the sizes in a home directory for 250 users.
Looking forward to your response.
There are many tools you can download to perform this task - check Google for strings such as "Folder size". You can even use a humble batch file like this one:
01. @echo off
02. set Home=E:\User Shares
03. echo Folder list compiled on %date% > c:\Folders.txt
04. echo ====================================== >> c:\Folders.txt
05. for /d %%a in ("%Home%\*.*") do call :Sub %%a
06. notepad c:\Folders.txt
07. goto :eof
10. echo Processing "%*"
11. for /F "delims=" %%b in ('dir "%*" /s ^| find /i "File(s)"') do set Summary=%%b
12. echo %* %Summary% >> c:\Folders.txt
- Prev by Date: Re: Folder Size Multiple Directories
- Next by Date: Re: Executing secondary command in shell.run
- Previous by thread: Re: Folder Size Multiple Directories