Best method to figure out if someone is using cached credentials?
- From: "Matt Brown (brand, branded and/or bigflavor)" <MatthewBrown@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 12 Dec 2006 10:52:08 -0800
I'm attempting to write a script that will figure out if a user is
using cached credentials.
What I figured to do is find the logon server, and see if it is the
hostname of the PC, or not. if so, they aren't authenticating to a DC;
if not, they are using cached credentials.
The only problem is this will affect local users, who are obviously
authenticating to the PC itself as well.
Any way to tell if a user is using cached credentials?
Dim objShell, strRegKey
Dim strLogonServer, strComputerName
Set objShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
Set objEnvProcess= objShell.Environment("PROCESS")
strLogonServer = Right(objEnvProcess.Item("LogonServer"),
len(objEnvProcess.Item("LogonServer"))) - 2)
strComputerName = objEnvProcess.Item("ComputerName")
if strLogonServer = strComputerName then
msgbox "logonserver is the same"
msgbox "You have logged on locally. You may be using cached
- Prev by Date: Re: Force delete Reg Key
- Next by Date: Using ADO DB to Manipulate Space Character Filled Strings
- Previous by thread: Re: Force delete Reg Key
- Next by thread: Using ADO DB to Manipulate Space Character Filled Strings