Re: Application to be called - runas Administrator

you can run the script through MS script encoder, but this is easily decoded
if someone really wants to.
you could write the script in 'C' using a bunch of "system()" calls... that
would give you an exe

"bdickert" <bdickert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I don't believe you can compile a vbscript - this information was passed on
to me - someone left that did this before - and I am picking up where he
left
off -

"bdickert" wrote:

I need an application to be called from a compiled script that has
elevated
rights (run as). The reason it needs to be complied is to conceal the
domain
admin equivalent account that would need to run the exe. This in turn
would
be deployed in a login script and be called during user login. The
complied
program would create a flag file at the end of its execution and copy it
the local C drive. This flag file would be checked for presence in the
beginning of the compiled program to bypass if it had already been run on
that particular machine.

The goal of this is to remove the application off all machines in the
domain, and then we will redeploy the newest version using WinInstall.
The
issue that we are having is that many old clients are not updating
properly.
I am new to VBSCRIPT and just need some direction.

Thanks in advance.

  • Re: Re: vbs to exe
    ... when i wanted to configure a windows service to run my vbs code. ... An EXE is compiled. ... nothing to do with script. ... consider the "installer option" for converting ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: convert VB script code to vb (cheap & dirty)
    ... an exe, there are other "cheap-and-dirty" ways to do it. ... of the compiler, the runtime, your script and a little ... the compiler, the runtime and your source code into temporary ... running your vbs with wscript). ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: exe file
    ... "Train my users"? ... An EXE, ... than a VBS script at doing just about anything. ... to convey the general difference between compiled code ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Cross Site Scripting for .exe?
    ... How can an exe take in these ... > number and no other info...How do i find out if my script has been ... The error message thrown probably, depending on method, does ... webserver input file input file from the DB checked for other keyword ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Application to be called - runas Administrator
    ... you can run the script through MS script encoder, ... >I don't believe you can compile a vbscript - this information was passed on ... This flag file would be checked for presence in the ... >> beginning of the compiled program to bypass if it had already been run on ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)