Help creating a new group in all OUs containting OUname+variable

Hi,

I was hoping someone could give me some advice on a script. I need to
create a group in every OU starting at a base OU. For example: I've got
OU=sales, OU=New York. In the OU sales, I want to create a security
group called sales-homedir and then have the script continue to the
next OU. It would be nice if it would also put all the users in that OU
into the group.

I'm a little new to creating such a script, so any assistance would be
great.

TIA

Simon

--
zlynt

  • Comparison Script Components with Script Classes
    ... Now I would like to have some advice from more experienced programmers. ... I do not really figure out, how the concepts of Script Components and Script Classes differ and for what use cases they are intended. ... How do you build your strictly object-oriented libraries in VBScript? ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Using $_POST with Submit button
    ... > I wondered if anyone could further advice? ... In my script I was ... are both on the same script, this is the way of detecting when $_POST ... Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: aborting a bash script with control-c
    ... You get advice for free, ... where we invoke system- running a very short execution time ... script - for every line in the input. ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Trouble with system() function
    ... > Thanks for the advice. ... if I run that part of the script from the command ... can't guarantee it. ... / without MD5 usage) from my example instead of your code you have ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: ksh: Copying files one by one
    ... Thanks for misc. ... I first implemented using Bill's advice, ... advice by Markus and Chris. ... Even though my script is still a bit buggy, ...
    (comp.unix.shell)