Re: HELP pls: Disable IE "Reuse windows" for all users

Thanks a lot!
I think this will help greatly. I'm going to try this at once.

Thanks again.

"Jerold Schulman" <Jerry@xxxxxxxxxx> escreveu na mensagem
> On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 09:44:27 -0000, Américo Nascimento
> <americo.nascimento@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>I am new to scripting and am having a problem I would like if you could
>>help with:
>>I have to disable the IE feature "Tools|Options|Advanced|Reuse window" for
>>all my users, in about 500 computers; I was trying to do a script that
>>would run once, and do a registry "hack", but I was only succesfull for
>>the current user, ie using
>>WshShell.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet
>>Explorer\Main\AllowWindowReuse", 0,"REG_DWORD"
>>I already have tried the keys "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\..." and
>>"HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software", but with no results.
>>Does anyone know a way to do it?
>>Many thanks in advance.
>>Américo Nascimento
> Use tip 9808 » PolicyMakerT Registry Extension freeware
> in the 'Tips & Tricks' at to have
> Group Policy set the AllowWindowReuse Value Name.
> Jerold Schulman
> Windows Server MVP
> JSI, Inc.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Auto-Delete after 30 Days no activity
    ... THANKS...will try that scripting... ... > Jerold Schulman ... > Windows Server MVP ... > JSI, Inc. ...
  • Re: Can not publish printers in Active Directory
    ... how to make printer scripting. ... > As far as assigning printers, you'll have to write a custom logon script ot ... > Windows Server MVP ... >> box to publish to active directory I get an error ...