Re: exe file

You train your users to double click on exe's they get in emails? Or do you
put them up for download?

"Fast and direct," huh? Sounds like some pretty ambiguous terminology
there. Are you a programmer?
"mayayana" <mayayanaXX1a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>> YES. Lots of request for this. MS should do something about it.
>> am i right to say this?
>>
> I don't know. I guess it's a matter of preference.
> Personally, I use self-executing zips quite a bit
> to help inexperienced friends remotely. It allows
> me to send them a package of files and then run
> a script to do whatever with those files.
>
> But aside from that, I think it's "apples and "oranges".
> To make an EXE requires using a programming
> language that can be compiled. VBS is not designed
> that way. It's designed to "talk to" WSCript.exe or
> CSript.exe.
>
> The advantage of
> an EXE is that it's fast and direct. The advantage of
> script is that it's relatively easy to do, quick to write,
> and easy to edit. The disadvantage of script is that
> it's slow and limited in it's abilities. If you managed
> to actually turn a VBS into an EXE you'd just
> lose all the script advantages without gaining any
> of the EXE advantages, because it's not a
> compilable language. You can't turn a bicycle into
> a sports car by putting a fiberglass body over it.
> You'd just end up with a limited-use bicycle.

  • Re: exe file
    ... a script to do whatever with those files. ... To make an EXE requires using a programming ... script is that it's relatively easy to do, quick to write, ... You'd just end up with a limited-use bicycle. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Re: vbs to exe
    ... when i wanted to configure a windows service to run my vbs code. ... An EXE is compiled. ... nothing to do with script. ... consider the "installer option" for converting ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: convert VB script code to vb (cheap & dirty)
    ... an exe, there are other "cheap-and-dirty" ways to do it. ... of the compiler, the runtime, your script and a little ... the compiler, the runtime and your source code into temporary ... running your vbs with wscript). ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: exe file
    ... "Train my users"? ... An EXE, ... than a VBS script at doing just about anything. ... to convey the general difference between compiled code ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Cross Site Scripting for .exe?
    ... How can an exe take in these ... > number and no other info...How do i find out if my script has been ... The error message thrown probably, depending on method, does ... webserver input file input file from the DB checked for other keyword ...
    (alt.computer.security)