Re: Cant send email without being logged on

Do you know if the script is firing? Is it firing an erroring? Do you have error traps and piping to a text file?

PaulB
"Yogimeister" <Yogimeister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:7670BBE3-5C75-4BAA-A72C-DFE4B93D4100@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am usng windows 2003. I am sending through a smtp server that i control
that does not require authentication. the script works fine when i am logged
on. this is using the schema.microsoft.com stuff.

"PaulB" wrote:

What version of CDO are you using? CDO for Windows 2000 doesn't use MAPI
sessions to send mail and requires no authentication. CDO 1.2.1 which comes
with Exchange 5.5, Outlook and is included with Exchange 200x requires a
MAPI session and you must authenticate.

Regards,

PaulB

"Al Dunbar" <AlanNOSPAmDrub@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> "Yogimeister" <Yogimeister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>I have a script that runs from the RunOnce key It is suppose to send >>an
>> email using CDO as outline in the script center.
>>
>> everything works, but I do not get the email until after I log on. >> What
>> can
>> I do to make the script send me the email without needing to logon.
>
> If the script works when you are logged on and just run it, then I > suspect
> the issue is the unavailability of the network, and/or CDO when a > script
> is run from RunOnce.
>
> /Al

  • Re: "Pseudo" cron job
    ... have access to write a real cron job. ... - I created a cronjob directory and put a crontab.txt in there and had the pseudocron.php hook up with it by properly configuring the section in that script. ... The "cron" job should cause a firing every minute. ... How can I determine if this pseudocron job is working? ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Correctness vs. speed
    ... > Hash: SHA1 ... I will end up firing you for wasting my time and money. ... Modifying a script to take the most common ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Cant send email without being logged on
    ... CDO for Windows 2000 doesn't use MAPI sessions to send mail and requires no authentication. ... I do to make the script send me the email without needing to logon. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Checking Active Directory Passwords
    ... I would use a VB Script to bind to the AD, ... I would loop through it firing each user name into ... Pa55word ...
  • Re: scripted field to a file
    ... Sorry for not having the exact ScriptMaker syntax, ... firing up FileMaker Pro for this: ... text file via a script. ...
    (comp.databases.filemaker)